OK so 2017 is finally over! I’m really happy that it is because I feel like 2017 was just like in a rush to finish. In my personal life, I felt like I had so much to do in the year 2017 that I was always rushing to get something done so that I could start on the next thing. However, I had a really good year overall and I achieved so much and I give thanks to God because He really showed me what I am capable of doing when I lean on him and not depend on my own strength or understanding. God is real ya’ll.
Anyway, lemme move on to what this post is actually about. OK so today I was just thinking back through 2017 and all the people I met and the influence they had in my life. I have an amazing group of friends and during the year 2017 they all really influenced me in positive ways. However, there are some women I know who really made a big impact in my life in the year 2017. The beautiful thing about them is that they all did not even know that their lives were influencing me to be great in every way possible. So the rest of this post will be about my 5 women influencers of the year 2017.
- Number one on the list is Miss Goldust Afriyie. OK this young woman… her name alone should make you aware of her integrity and radiance. She is so caring and selfless. I have never really met anybody as honest as Goldust and that is the truth. I have been friends with her for the past 2-3 years and she is always honest. One thing I admire about her is her transparency. She says it as it is and there is no beating around the bush. Throughout the year 2017, one very important lesson I learnt from her was to give to others whom could not necessarily give back to you. This selfless act of giving is one thing I have learned from my friend and sistter Goldust aka golding gold with a bit of golden dust. OH and she is a model! my friend is a model people.
2. Number 2 is Miss Angela Akosua Owusu-Sekyere! My God this woman is after God’s own heart. No like literally, she is chasing after God’s heart and it is so beautiful to see a young woman of her caliber be so grounded in God. Angela’s relationship with God is one thing you notice when you meet her and it is very cool to see it so vividly. The first time I met her I was so shy of her because even the way she walks, you can see God in there (its that deep OK?) And to raise the bar even higher, she is a pharmacist and a youtuber and she runs a blog called: thebeautifulwomanofworth! Her youtube channel is called “Her Walk TV” where she talks about her walk with Jesus and it is so inspiring. She is a very beautiful young woman with a God ordained mission to share the good news! check out her youtube channel and blog and be inspired.
3. Number 3 of my top 5 women influencers of 2017 is Miss Akosua Peprah. Miss Akosua is an eloquent feminist! I feel like I could just end it there because well, being an eloquent feminist is a very big deal. However, Miss Akosua is also a really good writer with so much passion for the work that she does and it is clearly evident in everything she produces. Miss Peprah is a big advocate for the education of African girls and women because she believes that education in all aspects of life will help women achieve anything they want. Oh and I forgot to mention that she is such a bad ass at what she does that she is the founder and president of Mmaakunim Foundation which is an organisation with the vision of educating, creating avenues and making resources available to marginalized women in Ghana. The first time I came across her on Instagram, I became so mesmerized that I followed her on all social media platforms and I told a friend of mine that “I just found this lady on Instagram who is a Ghanaian and a feminist and eloquent!” For a while now, I’ve had the privilege to be part of the great vision of Mmaakunim foundation. So yes. I am working with Miss Akosua Peprah and I am going to be spending time with her, doing feminist stuff and being great and learning a lot from her. One thing she said in 2017 that made me aware that she is a woman of influence is that: “I am going to name my daughter Akosua Peprah jnr…” Miss Akosua is here on this earth to impact generations and we all need to just get ready for it.
4. Number 4 on my list of women influencers of the year 2017 is Mrs Sarah Senya. Now this woman throughout the year I have been studying her a lot and I have learnt so much from her that I am going to do an entire feature on her. She is a mother, a wife and a very busy financier at a top bank in the UK. Oh and did I mention she is the music leader at my local church? Yes, she leads the choir at my church every Sunday and she is a deaconess as well. When I’m with her, we often talk about marriage and the importance of finding a man who knows and love God as a suitable life partner. She has a super crazy faith in God and her commitment to the work of God in the church and serving others is really influential. She is very elegant in the way she carries herself (you should see her walk whilst carrying her child). One thing she said in 2017 that influenced me was that “Marry a man who can pray when you don’t have any strength to or even when you don’t feel like it”. Oh and her husband is very handsome so she’s basically got it all.
5. Finally, number 5 on the list of women influencers of the year 2017 is Mrs Priscilla Ayim. Before I start writing how great of a woman she is, I really feel like we should all stand up and give her a standing ovation.. Ok, so Mrs Ayim is just the real MVP. She is a great young woman of God and she is a new mummy with the most beautiful baby girl. Mrs Ayim is married and she is a graduate of Sociology and Psychology; with a Master’s degree in Social work. Okay, so Mrs Ayim used to help me when I was at university and I remember she would proof read my work and point out even the tiniest mistakes because she was not ready for me to produce my essays anyhow. She has a really accommodating character and you just naturally feel welcome around her. One thing I have noticed about her as well is her calm nature. She is very calm and collected. I look up to her a lot because God is at the foundation of everything she does and due to that she is winning in all aspects of life. Oh, one more thing… She is just beautiful and she loves God… Have I already mentioned that? Well She loves God. She is a woman of influence because she is living for God and she is not afraid to show it!
I learnt so much from so many women during the year 2017 and I am so proud to be a woman and to be surrounded by amazing women who are making impact in people’s lives. Whoever you are, I hope that you make an impact in people’s lives so that one day someone will say that you made a mark on this earth by influencing them.